Friday, July 11, 2008

July 10, 2008

Self-Portrait

So… I decided I wanted to take a self-portrait in my “natural” state. No makeup… no Photoshopping out my bags and circles under my eyes… no skin smoothing techniques… etc. I’m not really sure why, actually. It was just something I felt like doing because I was bored. So here it is. I applied an ACR preset (which just changed the coloring a bit) and sharpened for web. But I didn’t do any other of my usual “fixes” to it.

Here I am in all my glory. Eye bags, dark circles, laugh lines, and uneven skin. Enjoy. LOL!

AND because the girls were so funny last night, I’m posting this one too. These kids kill me.

IMG_4137OK City

7 comments:

Renfield said...

You rock on with your bad self, girlfriend! I won't let a camera near me unless I am behind it =)

Kelly said...

Your eyes are gorgeous. So did you use the timer or hold the camera out and take the picture? You did a good job either way.

Allison said...

I just held the camera out Kelly. The SOOC photo showed my entire forehead and cut off the bottom of my chin. LOL! Cropping tool to the rescue!!! ROFL!

Chelle Y. said...

You're very brave. I will not take many pictures of myself anymore, even with makeup on! :)

You look adorable!

Allison said...

You guys are funny.

First of all, Tracey, I HATE photos of me from far away, full-body shots, etc. But for some reason, I have no problem with extreme closeups. I LOVE extreme closeups of anyone. The way you can just look into the eyes and wonder what they're thinking about.

And Chelle, I actually normally don't wear much makeup anyway. Just some eyeliner and mascara normally, and sometimes I use a little bit of pressed powder if I'm particularly shiny. LOL!

I dunno. I just figure, I am who I am. [shrug] It's me. Take it or leave it. LOL!

LotoFoto said...

Good Lord your eye color is amazing.

Reb said...

Great photo, I love the belly shots too! Glad to hear you don't wear too much makeup, you really don't need it.